Come and join our Alexander Technique Study Group. Our first session is on Saturday the 28th of May 2022. You’ll get to work with us for some intensive exploration of Alexander Technique. Click here
Alexander Technique Certification.
If you are considering Alexander Technique teacher training, think about this: Why is it important to train at an Alexander Technique teacher training course that is recognised by the Alexander teaching profession?
It takes expertise, experience and a deep foundation of knowledge to teach people the Alexander Technique. It’s a privilege and a great responsibility to take on
There is a strong worldwide community of Alexander Technique teachers. We support each other through continual professional development, reprersentation to government and media and through live events, work swaps and swapping of research.
At Blue Mountains Alexander Technique we are accredited by the Australian Society for Alexander Technique Teachers (AUSTAT). It’s the peak body that represents Alexander Technique teachers to government, industry and society in Australia.
AUSTAT doesn’t easily recognise Alexander Technique training schools. There are many criteria that an Alexander Technique teacher training course must meet in order to be accredited. Don’t be fooled by online Alexander Technique teacher training courses. Alexander Technique Certification takes time and application.
Alexander Technique certification is worth it?
An AUSTAT accredited training school abides by training standards that are shared by accredited training schools around the world. Your teaching qualification is recognised by government and commercial bodies, medical practitioners & allied health workers and by Alexander Technique teachers around the world.
The gold standard in Alexander Technique certification.
The gold standard for training Alexander Technique teachers is immersion in practical study of Alexander Technique over three years and 1600 hours. By the end of your training you will be able to sustain your own Alexander Technique skill at an advanced level; you will be able to explain and instruct individuals and groups in Alexander Technique; you will be able to write articles and speak in public about Alexander Technique and you will identify as a professional who is skilled in helping people to improve their lives.
Blue Mountains Alexander Technique.
Here are some of the many advantages with our professional teacher training course here in Leura.
• We have senior experienced trainers who are strongly networked into the Alexander Technique professional community.
• We provide a significant cost advantage with low fees and scholarships available.
• We have developed an exciting and coherent training curriculum that is faithful to conventional Alexander Technique training but is also based on modern adult education principles.
• Our Alexander Technique studio is set in beautiful landscaped gardens with a healthy, growing client base.
• During your training you will get to negotiate the content and flow of information.
• You will get to experiment and develop your practical experience and understanding under our guidance.
• The course work is well defined, sequenced and scaffolded. This means that there is challenge but it has been designed in a way that supports and assists you to learn.
We connect you into understanding your self, your students and your community. By the end of your training you will be able to:
- regulate your self using Alexander Technique processes with a high degree of self-awareness and understanding
- explain Alexander Technique to diverse groups of people in a way that connects and is professional
- diagnose poor functioning and patterns of use in students
- teach using hands-on guidance and verbal instruction
- manage and administrate an Alexander Technique practice
- connect and network with Alexander Technique professionals, corporate clients and government bodies
This is why you should get your Alexander Technique Certification with us.
All the AUSTAT accredited teacher training courses are very good. It’s worth investigating all the accredited Alexander Technique training schools. Use the AUSTAT link at the top of this blog.
However, make sure to consider our training, here in the beautiful Blue Mountains.
- bTeacher Training program
- bAbout Michael & Jane
- bAlexander Technique & Back pain-top 3 tips
- bThe Alexander Approach
- bAlexander Technique & Scoliosis
- Alexander Technique & Back Pain-Victorian Govt
- Randomised Controlled Study -British Medical Journal
- Alexander Technique & Sciatica
- bWhat is the Alexander Technique?
Contact us today
Find out more abour our accredited teacher training program. Speak with Michael or Jane Shellshear on 0448 406 881