The COVID 19 pandemic and Alexander Technique
The Covid 19 Pandemic
The covid 19 pandemic has provided us with a stimulus that is hard to ignore. I feel fortunate that many years ago, while teaching at Naturecare college I was asked to write a course on infection control. It has helped me understand the core principles of preventing the spread of infectious agents.
Jane and I take the covid 19 pandemic seriously. We love what we do, and we take our responsibility for your wellbeing as a priority.
We hope that we can serve you and that you can benefit during these challenging times.
Covid 19 pandemic. Feeling nervous?
Are you feeling nervous about being out in public during this covid 19 pandemic? Is coming to have face to face Alexander lessons a bit confronting because of concern of spread of infection? Here are some great approaches to help.
Our covid 19 pandemic plan
1. If you come for face-to-face lessons, we operate from a pre-considered covid 19 pandemic plan. We have QR tracking, hand sanitisers, masks, buffer time between appointments and we clean our premises between sessions. You must be double vaxxed (sorry if that doesn’t work for you-consider the next option), you must not have had a close contact within 7 days, you must conduct rapid antigen testing if you have been in a high-risk environment. Jane and I have been double vaxxed and we are booked in for our booster. So, you see, we have sensible, considered risk management and mitigation in place to deal with this covid 19 pandemic. It’s not possible to stop the spread of covid 19 but it is possible to make that much less likely.
Online zoom lessons during the covid 19 pandemic
2. I offer Zoom consultations for individuals and/or for groups. The zoom sessions work extremely well. They offer a great solution for my clients who can’t get to me either because of pandemic or distance. The zoom sessions are 1 hour long. They are slightly cheaper than face-to-face. You are given a link to review your video of your zoom lesson. Students report that the video is invaluable as a guide to learning. Try a video Alexander lesson with Michael or Jane soon.
Click here for booking details or call Michael on 0448 406 881 to enquire.
The Covid 19 Pandemic
We totally accept COVID Cancellations. Please err on the side of caution. If you have flu like symptoms or are not feeling well, then please don’t come.
We will not charge a cancellation fee for cancellations made as a precaution against COVID or any other communicable disease.
If in doubt-please don’t come.
Thank you for your support
We are providing some great Alexander learning in several formats to meet the demands of our times. Can you help us? Yes, please! Subscribe down below. Receive our newsletter. Book in for a zoom lesson or a face-to-face lesson. Come and learn with us. Start today-Call Michael on 0448 406 881!
Here’s some Alexander links to articles that may be of interest to you.
- bAlexander Technique & Back pain-top 3 tips
- bAlexander Technique & Scoliosis
- Alexander Technique & Back Pain-Victorian Govt
- Randomised Controlled Study -British Medical Journal
- Alexander Technique & Sciatica
- bWhat is the Alexander Technique?
- bAbout Michael & Jane
- bTeacher Training program
- bAlexander Technique blogs